Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How I Handle Feedback and a Very Special Episode of Bunny.

So the other day, The Bunny and I went out with some folks to a bar called The Feedback Lounge over in West Seattle. As a "scratch bar", they make a great deal of their mixers fresh, by hand, at the time of order; but they go a step above and beyond: They infuse their own liquors on site. HERE is a link to their drinks menu.

Piece of advice - The Whiskey Smash is DELIGHTFUL.

After imbibing several of these fine beverages, Bunny, her friend "T" (of the suspect "Lady Date" episode) and I, retired to the abode of newlyweds "B" and "J" to have some beers and chill out on their back porch while enjoying the warm evening air.

At this point it a good idea to mention that "B" and The Bunny had already had a couple more than was strictly necessary and I had had exactly the right amount to wax all "professory" at people for some time regarding the most boring subject imaginable - Middle Eastern History (complete with gestures and forgetting what I was talking about).

In the middle of a rather fascinating dissertation on the impact of Arabic Poetry on Spanish Literature in the 15th century (It's actually a real thing, and in its own way totally fascinating), "B" decided that I need a good talking-to about my relationship with The Bunny.

Here's what i think of that:

Katrina, in the five years I have known you, you have made me the happiest man in the world. Even though we have different likes or opinions at times, we never fail to find common ground, and to find delight in sharing with each other. I knew from the first day we met that you were the one, and still feel that way.

To that end, and as we met because of words written in a blog, I will ask you, in a blog.

Katrina, will you marry me?


There. Now all you people asking when I'm going to take this seriously had better shut the hell up.

6 comments:

  1. It is quite apparent that you had much more than necessary because a lot of that is out of order. But....yyyyeyeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anon Of course I will! This was perfect, Honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww...sniff sniff, very sweet you two! What great geeky love.

    ReplyDelete